Monday, March 9, 2009

In Her Own Words

Grace Swan, a student in the Memoirs class offered by San Mateo Adult School's Fifty Plus Program, writes:

The Activity Guide for the city of San Mateo showed a writing class for those interested in writing their memoirs. I had thought about it for a number of years, but that's as far as I had gotten -- just thinking. I needed some guidance and something to spur me into action. So I attended the class and soon had ideas and suggestions about getting the stories out of my head and down on paper. I had encouragement from the instructor and from fellow writers.

I had thought that within a year I would have all the stories I wanted to tell to be written, but that's not the way it has happened. The instructor can think of more experiences to write about and I find the years slipping by. the stories of the other writers are so incredible and all true, that I could go and just listen be inspired.

We share our laughter and lives in such a way that that it boosts our immunity and recuperative ability when health problems loom over us. Going to class is like good therapy and helps to keep us functioning at our highest potential.




No comments:

Post a Comment