Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goals and Priorities

Distance Learning Student Veronica has clear priorities: to be a good mother and a good student. Her studies in the Distance Learning program help her do both.

Thanks to the San Mateo Adult School, she is better able to help her elementary age children. “I learned lots of information for real life through this program. I can communicate with my children frequently in English. I can teach my children with accuracy. I can have lots of information not only from my studies but also from my teacher.”

She adds, “My education level is high. I have a Masters degree in Korea. But my English is not fluent so I couldn’t use my talent in the U.S.A. To learn English here has promoted me for action here so I can share my talents in my community.”

Both she and her husband are citizens and made sure to teach their children about U.S. civics, government, and culture through the recent election and the events that led up to it.

That's important because her older child has a special goal: to one day be president of the United States. With a mother like Veronica as support and role model, we know he stands a good chance of achieving it.








No comments:

Post a Comment