Monday, February 4, 2019

Kimie Sato: My Volunteer Opportunity

Kimie Sato is another San Mateo Adult School success.  Here, in her own words, is her story:

My Volunteer Opportunity
Thanks to Teacher Stephanie, I am finally able to start work as a volunteer at the San Mateo Senior Center. I work for the lunch program doing things such as table set up, arranging the food on the plates, serving dishes and more.
Last semester, I took Stephanie’s “Eat Healthy Be Active” health classes. She took us to the San Mateo Senior Center on a field trip during the class. At that time I received some information about volunteering. Actually, I was worried whether or not I was good enough to start to do that because of my lack of English skills. On the other hand, I didn’t want to miss the chance to volunteer, so I pushed myself to apply for the opportunity and I got it!
I believe that volunteering is the perfect opportunity to gain new skills and learn from the people who I meet, so I strongly recommend you to do it!
Thank you, Kimie, for sharing your story. You inspire us to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment