Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thanks for a Dream Fulfilled

Francisco Ramos, originally from El Salvador, says his hardest task here in the U.S. has been finding a job. He writes this about his experience:

I was a regular student in San Bruno Adult School. I remember when I talked with Teacher Jay about my task, about how I was looking for a job and a few days later he gave me the information about another class at San Mateo Adult School - "Job Search/Resume Writing." He put me in touch with teacher Martin Doener, who is in charge of that class and Martin helped me to write a Personal Resume, a Cover Letter, like it is used in the USA. He taught me how to use the different web pages for looking for a job and how to practice some personal interviews with the most useful questions in the real market. After all these things, I am right now an employee, and I am very thankful for the Adult School, because when I was desperate, without any options, in the Adult School of San Mateo I found hope. Thanks to everyone who´s helped me to make my American dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment