Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Mother Keeps Learning

Before she became a mother, Margarita went to ESL classes at the San Mateo Adult School.

Now she must fit improving her English in between working, caring for her daughter, and caring for other children.

Margarita says, “I don’t have enough time. I would like to go to regular classes but I don’t have enough time. You help because every day I come to Distance Learning, I learn something different. I have time to do my homework at home. My English classes help me help my daughter with her homework."

She adds, "I have friends who don’t understand their children’s homeowork. They call me and tell me they don’t understand. A lot of papers are not translated to Spanish. I can help them."

"My daughter is in kindergarten now. It’s easy for me. Maybe later it’s going to be harder. I’m going to keep learning so I can help her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment